As we know that the proxy router has a hotspot feature. When we create a hotspot and tried to access the Internet through the hotspot point then we will be redirected to the login page for the user authentication process. Well, where the login page come from?
If we look into the ‘Files’ in the storage router will be seen a collection of html file extension. One of them is a file with the name ‘login‘. From this file displays the hotspot login originated.
We can also change the appearance of the standard to be more artistic hotspot login to our liking. But first we must know the function of each of the log file. Among the file is login.html, alogin.html, rlogin.html, flogin.html. For the explanation is as follows:
- login html – Represents a login page that is displayed to the user authentication by entering a username and password.
- alogin.html – A page that is displayed after the user successfully authenticated. This page displays a pop-up on the status of the page if the ‘Log In’ or ‘Log Off‘ and will also be redirected (auto / manual) to a web page that is accessed by the user.
- rlogin.html – A page that redirect the user from mengakases page URL to a login page if the user requires to access autorisai.
- flogin.html – A login page that is displayed when there is a fault (error) occurred. For example, when users enter an ‘Username‘ and ‘Password‘.
Then to the workings of the request page “/ login” is:
– If the user has not been authenticated and to access a web it will be redirected to the page login.html.
– If the login procedure failed (either enter an incorrect username or password), it will display the page flogin.html; If flogin.html page can not be found then it will be displayed login.html page.
– If the user has successfully authenticated (logged in), alogin.html will be displayed; alogin.html if not found it will langusung redirected to a web page that is accessed by the user or to the status page.
In this example we will try to change the appearance of the hotspot login. Actual hotspot system has been given the default view. However, may of us want to change it to give a better view.