Best Mini PC Raspberry Pi 2 with Quad Core Processor
Raspberry Pi successor has been launched with better specifications. Carrying the title Raspberry Pi 2, a small-sized computer is now embedded quad-core processor. The price is still very affordable.
Raspberry Pi 2 still use the same facilities with the Raspberry Pi model B +. But this time the manufacturer adds a USB port into 4 pieces. Besides the processor also more capable with quad core technology. The clock speed is also increased from being only 700 MHz, raised to 900 MHz.
Another significant increase in attendance is the amount of RAM is increased to 1 GB. Raspberry Pi 2 processor now also rely on the ARM v7 design so that developers can be more flexible immerse OS that will be used.
Interestingly, with the specification that has been somewhat qualified the factory still offers it at a price that is still affordable. As quoted from Ars Technica, Monday (02/02/2015), Raspberry Pi 2 is priced at USD 35.
WINDOWS 10 is now supported
Unlike previous product which can only play a UNIX-based OS, this time the Raspberry Pi to get support Microsoft Windows 10. This makes it can be used as an alternative to a PC by the public considering the price is only about 1/5 of a regular PC in Europe. Considering this is different from the average CPU performing on it, which run on Windows 10 Pi 2 is not the same as that used on the PC. Windows 10 version of the Pi 2 is rumored is a diet version of Windows 10 PC.
Here are the full specifications Raspberry Pi 2,
– SoC: Broadcom BCM2836 (CPU, GPU, DSP, SDRAM)
– CPU: 900 MHz quad-core ARM Cortex A7 (ARMv7 instruction set)
– GPU: Broadcom VideoCore IV @ 250 MHz
– GPU info: OpenGL ES 2.0 (24 GFLOPS); 1080p30 MPEG-2 and VC-1 decoder (with license); 1080p30 h.264/MPEG-4 AVC high-profile decoder and encoder
– Memory: 1 GB (shared with GPU)
– USB ports: 4
– Video input: 15-pin MIPI camera interface (CSI) connector
– Video output: HDMI, composite video (PAL and NTSC) via 3.5 mm jack
– Audio input: I²S
– Audio output: Analog via 3.5 mm jack; digital via HDMI and I²S
– Storage: MicroSD
– Network: 10/100Mbps Ethernet
– Peripherals: 17 GPIO plus specific functions, and HAT ID bus
– Power rating: 800 mA (4.0 W)
– Power source: 5 V via MicroUSB or GPIO header
– Size: 85.60mm × 56.5mm
– weight : 45g (1.6 oz)